Space Engineering Careers
Space Engineering is always looking for new talents to join its professional team.
If you want to work with us, see our open positions or send your unsolicited application
Job Title: TLC System Engineer
- Job Title: TLC System Engineer - Ground Segment
- Function: Products & Solutions (Communication Equipment)
- Location: Rome, IT ;
- Reports to: Head of Communication Equipment;
- Mission of the Job: Contribute to the design and development of ground communication equipment for satellite services, with particular focus on Internet-Of-Things (IOT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) applications.
- Main activities:
- Provide support in the design of ad-hoc air-interfaces able to efficiently provide end-to-end communications in satellite M2M / IOT application scenarios.
- Provide support in the design of suitable communication equipment at both base station and user terminal side.
- Provide support for the development and maintenance of the SW tools able to simulate end-to-end telecommunication systems and derive the system performances at both physical and link layer levels.
- Simulate the modem specific signal processing algorithms and contribute to the modem optimization aiming at best trade-off between complexity/costs and performances.
- Support the implementation of the specified signal processing algorithms providing the necessary information for finite arithmetic implementation of the algorithms as well as SW test-benches
- Contribute to the production of the relevant technical documentation in the frame of the various active projects.
- Strong academic background in Communication Systems and Signal Processing.
- Knowledge of Satellite Communication System is also appreciated with understanding of SatCom ground segment architectures for broadcasting, broadband, trunking, backhauling and mobile applications. Experience:
- Expertise in some of the areas below would be appreciated:
- Communication protocols including quality of service aspects, upper layer techniques in IP and networking, air interface techniques Tool or product requirements:
- Good knowledge of Matlab SW tools for communication system modelling is required.
- Good knowledge of general purpose object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C++). Languages:
- Fluency in English is required for the position; Behaviours:
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Creates and encourages effective two way communication.
- Team-worker whose working style is highly collaborative in nature.
- Promotes and demonstrates personal and professional development for self and others.