Job Title: TLC System Engineer
- Job Title: TLC System Engineer - Ground Segment
- Function: Products & Solutions (Communication Equipment)
- Location: Rome, IT ;
- Reports to: Head of Communication Equipment;
- Mission of the Job:
Contribute to the design and development of ground communication equipment for satellite services, with particular focus on Internet-Of-Things (IOT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) applications.
- Provide support in the design of ad-hoc air-interfaces able to efficiently provide end-to-end communications in satellite M2M / IOT application scenarios.
- Provide support in the design of suitable communication equipment at both base station and user terminal side.
- Provide support for the development and maintenance of the SW tools able to simulate end-to-end telecommunication systems and derive the system performances at both physical and link layer levels.
- Simulate the modem specific signal processing algorithms and contribute to the modem optimization aiming at best trade-off between complexity/costs and performances
- Support the implementation of the specified signal processing algorithms providing the necessary information for finite arithmetic implementation of the algorithms as well as SW test-benches
- Contribute to the production of the relevant technical documentation in the frame of the various active projects.
- Strong academic background in Communication Systems and Signal Processing.
- Knowledge of Satellite Communication System is also appreciated with understanding of SatCom ground segment architectures for broadcasting, broadband, trunking, backhauling and mobile applications.
- Expertise in some of the areas below would be appreciated
- Communication protocols including quality of service aspects, upper layer techniques in IP and networking, air interface techniques
Tool or product requirements:
- Good knowledge of Matlab SW tools for communication system modelling is required
- Good knowledge of general purpose object-oriented programming languages (e.g. C++)
- Fluency in English is required for the position;
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Creates and encourages effective two way communication
- Team-worker whose working style is highly collaborative in nature
- Promotes and demonstrates personal and professional development for self and others.
Send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org